As we all know that by whom and, how was the Taj Mahal built. It is the seven wonders of the world as well as a UNESCO world heritage site and a high tourist hub. below you will see amazing facts about Taj Mahal.
Here are the amazing facts about Taj Mahal
1. Time Duration: The Taj Mahal construction was started in 1632 and was completed in 1653. It took 22 years to build and about 22000 laborers worked including those from India, Persia, and Turkey.
2. Foundation Of the Taj Mahal: The Foundation of this beautiful building was made from wood.
3. Other wives of Shah Jahan buried: You will be surprised to know that apart from Mumtaz, five other wives of Shah Jahan are also buried in the Taj Mahal.
4. The Minarets: There is a minaret in every corner of the Taj Mahal. The height of these minarets is 41.6 m high and in appearance.
it looks straight but in reality, it is leaning outside and the reason for this is that in a time of disaster like an earthquake, it could not damage the main building.
5. Stones Used in Taj Mahal: Shah Jahan used white marble from Makrana of Rajasthan, Jade and crystal were ordered from China, Lapis-lazuli from Afghanistan, Turquoise from Tibet to Jasper Punjab. Sapphire was sourced from Sri Lanka and Cornelian from Arabia.
6. Transportation: More than 1000 elephants were used to bring construction materials to Agra from Abroad.
7. Contract With Artisans and Labors: We have been hearing from our childhood that Shah Jahan got the Taj Mahal artisans and labor hands cut off, but this is not true.
As many historians believe, Shah Jahan gave workers and artisans lifetime wages and wrote a contract that they will never build such a building.
8. Tallest Than Qutub Minar: The Taj Mahal is higher than Qutub Minar, Yes the Taj Mahal is 73m high, whereas the Qutub Minar is 72.5m.
9. Calligrapher: The calligraphy in the Taj Mahal is in the “Thuluth Scripts”. ‘Abdul Haq‘ is the person who designed calligraphy.
Shah Jahan in view of his art also named him “Amanat Khan” as a title out of all artifacts of the Mughal period, the most beautiful calligraphy could only be seen in the Taj Mahal as the tourists enter inside the big door of the Taj, this Sulekha was written on the door of the Taj.
The Sulekha written on the door welcomes you. It has got from the Quran, which means that the soul is resting near God, with peace and experiencing his ultimate peace.
10. Architect: “Ustad-Ahmad Lahori” was the name of the main architect who designed the ” Taj Mahal”.
11. Money Spent: About 32 Million Indian rupees were spent to build the Taj Mahal in 1653, which is about (the US $ 1 Billion ) in 2020.
12. Water Devices at Taj Mahal: Taj Mahal is further enhanced by a total of 24 fountains on all four sides of this Lotus Pond.
The Taj Mahal Garden is based on the Persian style and its divided into four parts, it has two (crossing the center) Canals and 16 flower beds. The trees in the garden area are of Cyprus and fruit-bearing.
13. Gardens Area: These Gardens alone cover an area of 300 m by 300-meter distance and are based on geometric arrangements of nature.
14. First selfie: ‘George Harrison‘ was the first person who took the first selfie in 1966 in the Taj Mahal.
if you are also a selfie lover, then what are you waiting for just book “Taj Mahal Tour From Delhi” and explore the seven wonders of the world Taj Mahal and have a wonderful experience with us.
✅ Connect With Us